Wil je een cursus cadeau doen aan iemand, maar weet je niet welke datum of dag hem/haar uitkomt? Onze cadeau vouchers bieden in dat geval een uitkomst. Met een voucher kan de begunstigde zelf bepalen wanneer hij/zij de cursus wil doen.
Wil je niet heel een cursus cadeau doen, maar toch de begunstigde aansporen om een cursus te doen? Dan kan je ervoor kiezen een voucher ter waarde van €50 of €100 cadeau te doen. De begunstigde kan deze voucher gebruiken voor welke cursus dan ook.
- Voucher for Course Eén
- Voucher for Course Twee
- Voucher for Course Eén & Twee
- Voucher €100
- Voucher €50
- Voucher €75
Hoe werkt het?
- Kies een voucher, voeg deze toe aan je winkelwagen en reken tot slot af. Let op: Vul bij het afrekenen je eigen gegevens in, niet die van de begunstigde.
- Zodra de betaling is bevestigd en je bestelling is behandeld, ontvang je de voucher per email op je eigen emailadres. Dit duurt doorgaans een dag (op werkdagen).
- Het moment is daar en je geeft je cadeau aan de begunstigde. De instructies voor de begunstigde staan in de meeste gevallen op de voucher zelf en in sommige gevallen op een apart document dat samen met de voucher is geleverd.
- Met deze instructies kan de begunstigde vervolgens zichzelf inschrijven voor een cursus op een datum naar keuze.
Small classes and personal guidance
The courses are explicitly focused on individual guidance and personal contact with (and among) course participants. For this reason, the number of participants per course is limited to a maximum of 4.
Thanks to the small size, participants have the freedom to follow their own pace in the course. Do you need a little bit more time with that handplane? Or are you quick learner? No problem, the course will adjust to you.
All necessary tools and materials are provided in the atelier. The materials are included in the course fee.
The courses are offered in our own atelier, located in Het Ambachtslab in Amsterdam-West. The atelier is easy to reach by bike, car, and public transportation. There is ample parking space in front of the building (Paid parking). Participants will receive more detailed directions upon registration.
Glimpses of the courses are regularly offered on our Instagram page. Go ahead and take a look: @espenaer
In addition to the four lessons of the course, you are granted two hours of free use of a workspace for an unaided solo-session. You can schedule this on day and time of your choice, depending on availability of workspaces, as given on the calendar on the Workspaces page. For bonus sessions on Saturdays there is a supplement of €5.
You may use these hours to do additional work on your project or to practice skills and techniques. This ‘bonus session’ can be booked in-between lessons or after the end of the course.
Workspaces are also available for use beyond these two hours for a rate of only €7.50 per hour on week days and €10 per hour on Saturdays, with discounts for longer bookings. For more information read our page on booking workspaces (click here).
About the instructor
The courses are instructed by artisanal woodworker and founder of Atelier Espenaer, Umut Lucas Espenaer. Umut is a self-taught artisanal woodworker and has practiced woodworking as a hobby for years before turning it into his trade. He was originally trained as a political scientist and worked as policy officer at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and as lecturer at the University of Amsterdam for most of his professional life. In 2016, he decided to switch careers and pursue his passion, left his career in academia, and founded Atelier Espenaer. He is very passionate about artisanal woodworking and enjoys helping others explore their own creativity.
Registering for a course
Follow these steps to register for a course.
- View the schedule of the course that you wish to do and pick a date that suits you.
- Click the “Register” button behind the preferred date. This will add the course to your online cart and automatically show you the contents of your cart.
- Check the contents of your cart and click the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Provide your details, choose a payment method, and follow further instructions.
The registration will only be completed once you have concluded the checkout procedure and fulfilled the payment of the course fee.
Course full? You may consider subscribing to the waitlist.
We accept payments by iDeal, credit card, and bank transfer. The method of payment can be chosen during the online registration procedure, as described above.
Cancellation policy and refunds
- If you cancel your registration seven days before the start of the course, the total course fee will be refunded to you, minus a €6.95 service charge.
- If you cancel your registration at the latest 48 hours before the start of the course, 50% of the total course fee will be refunded to you, unless a replacement can be found. In that case the total course fee will be refunded to you, minus a €6.95 service charge.
- It is not possible within 48 hours before the start of the course.
- In case you have used a course voucher, there will be no refund. Vouchers are not redeemable.
To cancel your booking simply send an email to email@example.com.
Refunds will be carried out within 14 calendar days from the day we receive your cancellation note. We will use the same payment method as you did, unless otherwise agreed.
Transferring to another course
It is possible to be transferred to another course up till seven days before the start of the course. This is free of charge. Have a look at the course schedule to see what courses are available. Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request for a transfer.
Transferring within 7 days of the start of the course is not possible and any requests in this respect will be dealt with similar to cancellation requests within the same term. See the above paragraphs for more details.
Custom courses and workshops
Would you like to do a course like this just with a group of a friends or as a company outing? Or would you like to offer a a private course to a loved one?
We would be happy to organize a course or a (one-day) workshop tuned to your needs and wishes. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.
For further information about Atelier Espenaer’s courses and workshops please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.