Do you wish to offer a woodworking course as a gift to someone? The easiest way to do that is with our gift vouchers. A gift voucher allows the recipient of your gift to choose a course at a time that suits them best!
Would you rather not offer a whole course as a gift, but still encourage someone to do a course? In that case, you may choose to offer a gift voucher with a value of €50 or €100. The recipient may use this voucher for any course at any time they like.
When ordered on week days, the gift voucher is sent the next day by email. When ordered in the weekend, it is sent on Monday
- Voucher for Course Eén
- Voucher for Course Twee
- Voucher for Course Eén & Twee
- Voucher €100
- Voucher €50
- Voucher €75
How does it work?
- Select a voucher, add it to your cart and complete the checkout procedure. Attention: please provide your own contact details during checkout, not those of the recipient.
- Once your order is processed, you will receive the voucher at the email address you have provided during checkout. This usually takes one day on week days.
- Offer the voucher to the recipient. The voucher contains instructions for the recipient. Alternatively, instructions are offered in an additional document provided together with the voucher.
- Following these instructions, the recipient will be able to register for a course on a date that suits them best.
Small classes and personal guidance
The courses are explicitly focused on individual guidance and personal contact with (and among) course participants. For this reason, the number of participants per course is limited to a maximum of 4.
Thanks to the small size, participants have the freedom to follow their own pace in the course. Do you need a little bit more time with that handplane? Or are you quick learner? No problem, the course will adjust to you.
All necessary tools and materials are provided in the atelier. The materials are included in the course fee.
The courses are offered in our own atelier, located in Het Ambachtslab in Amsterdam-West. The atelier is easy to reach by bike, car, and public transportation. There is ample parking space in front of the building (Paid parking). Participants will receive more detailed directions upon registration.
Glimpses of the courses are regularly offered on our Instagram page. Go ahead and take a look: @espenaer
In addition to the four lessons of a course, participants are granted two hours of free use of a workspace for an unaided session at any time between 12.00-19.00h on weekdays.
You may use these two hours to work on your project or to practice skills and techniques. The session can be booked both within the course period and after the conclusion of the course.
Workspaces are also available for use beyond these two hours for a rate of only €7.50 per hour on week days. For more information read our page on booking workspaces.
About the instructor
The courses are instructed by artisanal woodworker and founder of Atelier Espenaer, Umut Lucas Espenaer. Umut is a self-taught artisanal woodworker and has practiced woodworking as a hobby for years before turning it into his trade. He was originally trained as a political scientist and worked as policy officer at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and as lecturer at the University of Amsterdam for most of his professional life. In 2016, he decided to switch careers and pursue his passion, left his career in academia, and founded Atelier Espenaer. He is very passionate about artisanal woodworking and enjoys helping others explore their own creativity.
Registering for a course
Follow these steps to register for a course.
- View the schedule of the course that you wish to do and pick a date that suits you.
- Click the “Register” button behind the preferred date. This will add the course to your online cart and automatically show you the contents of your cart.
- Check the contents of your cart and click the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Provide your details, choose a payment method, and follow further instructions.
The registration will only be completed once you have concluded the checkout procedure and fulfilled the payment of the course fee.
Course full? You may consider subscribing to the waitlist.
We accept payments by iDeal, credit card, and bank transfer. The method of payment can be chosen during the online registration procedure, as described above.
Cancellation policy and refunds
Your registration can be cancelled until 48 hours before the start of the course. In order to do this, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For refunds the following applies:
- If you cancel your registration seven days before the start of the course, the total course fee will be refunded to you, minus a €6.95 service charge.
- If you cancel your registration 48 hours before the start of the course, 50% of the total course fee will be refunded to you, unless a replacement can be found. In that case the total course fee will be refunded to you, minus a €6.95 service charge.
Refunds will be carried out within 14 calendar days from the day we receive your cancellation note. We will use the same payment method as you did, unless otherwise agreed.
It is not possible to cancel your registration within 48 hours before the start of the course. However, you may offer your spot to another candidate, either someone whom you yourself have found or someone who is enlisted on the said course’s waiting list, if there is any. It is not possible to offer your spot to another candidate after the start of the course.
Custom courses and workshops
Would you like to do a course like this just with a group of a friends or as a company outing? Or would you like to offer a a private course to a loved one?
We would be happy to organize a course or a (one-day) workshop tuned to your needs and wishes. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.
For further information about Atelier Espenaer’s courses and workshops please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.