Espenaer’s commitment to individuality as a value is first and foremost expressed in its Bespoke and Customization Services. Both services address the individual needs of our clients and offers the best in terms of craftsmanship, design, and materials. Both services allow for varying degrees of personalization and thus provide for a truly personal furniture piece.
Requesting an offer for a bespoke or a customized furniture piece is free of charge and implies no commitment to an order or a purchase. The order becomes binding only when you decide to accept our final offer and communicate this in written form (more information follows below).
Espenaer’s Bespoke Service is the most personalized of the two and offers custom furniture pieces that are designed and built from scratch uniquely and specially for clients who choose the service. This is how you can request an offer for a bespoke furniture piece:
- Click the ‘Bespoke’ link in the menu on top of the page. On the Bespoke Service page select the desired type of furniture and click the “Continue” button.
- You will be asked to state your preferences and needs for the selected furniture type.
- In the case of tables and not-listed furniture types, the questions concern the preferred dimensions, any special requests, and a description of the space you intend to put the furniture piece in.
- In the case of cabinets, the questions concern the same as mentioned above, plus your preferences for a model, the intended purpose(s), the number and arrangement of cabinet compartments, and whether they should have a door, drawer, or neither (i.e. open shelf). These questions are offered in two stages; after having answered the first set of questions you will need to click “Continue” to advance to the second set of questions.
Once you have stated your preferences and needs, click on the “Review your inquiry” button.
- Now you will see a summary of your inquiry. If you find errors or wish to change one or more of your preferences, hit the “Back” button of your browser and make the necessary changes.
- Proceed with filling in your contact details on the same page. Make sure they are correct.
- Click the “Request an offer” button.
Skip to What happens next?
Espenaer’s Customization Service is intended for clients who are absolutely in love with one of the furniture pieces in our online shop, but would like to have a variation of it with different dimensions, materials, and/or minor design details. In this context, customizing does not mean altering an existing furniture piece, but building an entirely new furniture piece based on an existing model specially for clients who choose the service.
In accordance with our commitment to unique, singular furniture pieces, we will never make an exact copy of an existing furniture piece in our shop. A ‘customized’ furniture piece is always a variation to the preferred existing model in terms of dimensions, materials, and minor design details (e.g. door handles), and as such a unique, singular furniture piece of its own.
Please note that the price of the preferred furniture piece in our shop offers no indication for the price of your customized piece. The price depends on your choices for dimensions, materials, and minor design details, and will be given in our offer to you.
This is how you can request an offer for a customized furniture piece:
- Open the page of the furniture piece you would like a variation of and click on the “Customize” button.
- Fill in your preferences and needs (dimenions, materials, and minor design details, such as door handles) and your contact details.
- Review your answers and check for errors and inaccuracies.
- Click the “Request an offer” button.
What happens next?
The procedure for both the Bespoke Service and the Customization Service continues as follows:
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail at the e-mail address that you have provided. Meanwhile, we will inspect your request and verify whether we have all the information we need. If not, we will contact you at the provided e-mail address to further explore your preferences and needs.
- We will present a preliminary offer, containing a preliminary sketch of the intended design and non-binding indications for the price and the delivery.
- Depending on your response, we will subsequently present a final offer, with a definitive sketch, a binding price and a non-binding indication for the delivery.
- Your order for the furniture piece is placed and binding once you have agreed in written form to the final offer and to our Terms and Conditions. This commits you to a payment of 75% of the agreed purchase price within 14 calendar days after your acceptance of the final offer.
- We will start building your furniture piece and keep you updated on the progress. We will inform you at once if we suspect any deviations from the indicated delivery time resulting from the crafting process (see our note below); please note that this can also mean an earlier delivery.
- Upon presentation of the final result, you are required to fulfill the final 25% of the purchase price.
- Your furniture piece will be shipped or can be picked up on a mutually agreed date.
Note on delivery time
Making a furniture piece using traditional handcrafting techniques and tools is a highly labor-intensive and time-consuming endeavor and is subject to variation in duration due to the fact that the individual qualities of wood, and thus its ‘workability’, may vary from one tree species to another, from one individual tree of the same species to another, and even from one part of the same tree to another. Due to this element of unpredictability in our work, we reserve the right to deviate from the delivery indication in our final offer if the crafting process demands so and only within the limits of reasonability. In such instances, we will always notify you of the changes. A precise and definitive delivery date will be proposed in the final stage of the crafting process.